Tuesday, March 20, 2012

DIY : A Globe Paper Mobile




I posted on Facebook some photos of my decor for the nursery of our future little boy. Some of my friends (and family) were particularly interested in one thing (to copy me !!!!) : my colored paper globes.


First, the idea came to me by reading the blog of Paige Evans, one of my favorite US bloggers. Since the walls of the nursery would remain white, I had to find something to cheer. Here's THE solution...
The One with the First Nursery Item and Other Baby Stuff

Unfortunately, I haven't found a tutorial on internet, but because I'm not really too stupid (yes, it's possible !), I easily managed to create these globes by myself.
And because I'm very (too?) nice... here's the way to do it !!




1) Cut out circles of paper (the size of the circles depends of the size of the globe you want). You have to choose a thick paper, like scrapbooking paper.

2) Draw an equilateral triangle which passes by the edges of the circle. Then fold the edges on the lines of the triangle.
To make it easier, I used a circular protractor and I put a mark in degrees 0, 120 and 240 to draw the triangle. So easy !!

3) Repeat this, cutting and folding 20 paper circles.
The result is prettier using a monochrome or matching colors.


4) Glue the circles edge to edge.
Each globe has 5 circles above, 10 circles staggered to the middle row, and 5 circles in the bottom.

5) Don't forget to put a link inside the globe to hang it !

Here's the final result !!!

It's your turn, now !

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I love the monochromatic colors too! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete